Detailed online programme including abstracts
The conference programme includes:
- Keynote lectures: Each of the themes will be introduced by a keynote lecture by a leading scientist and will provide an overview of the state-of-the-art and the evolution of ideas in the field, and will identify new avenues and research directions to stimulate discussions. The time slot allocated to each keynote lecture is 90 min, including at least 30 minutes of discussion.
- Invited and contributed talks: Each session will include 1-2 invited talks and 3-4 contributed talks selected from the submitted papers. The allocated time for each invited or contributed presentation is 20 minutes, including 5 minutes for discussion. Priority for the contributed talks will be given to ECS.
- Break-out discussion groups and round table: Break-out discussion sessions in small groups (10-12 people) will be organized to review past achievements and ongoing research, and to identify new research avenues within the specific themes. A chair will be designated for each group and will take responsibility for reporting the outcome of the break-out discussion during the round table on the last day of the meeting.
- Poster sessions:Two poster sessions, preceded by a 2 min flash presentation (1-2 slides) of each poster assigned to the session, are planned. Posters will be displayed throughout the entire meeting.
- Field trip: One day field trip to the Pohorje Massif in Slovenia is planned on 27 June 2018. The field trip is optional and not included in the registration fees. Additional details will be provided later.